Monday, May 2, 2016

The Strange, Bizarre and Weird Pence Cruz Endorsement



Strange, bizarre and weird....Indiana Governor's endorsement of Ted Cruz for the Republican nominee. Media outlets have been chuckling  everywhere  in the way and manner Governor Pence stated his endorsement. See below,

"I respect all three of the Republican candidates in the field. I particularly want to commend Donald Trump, who I think has given voice to the frustration of millions of working Americans with a lack of progress in Washington, D.C.  I am also particularly grateful that Donald Trump has taken a strong stand for Hoosier jobs when we saw jobs of the Carrier company abruptly announce leaving Indiana. Not for another state, but for Mexico. I’m grateful. I’m grateful for his voice in the national debate.”


(My commentary: Heaping such praise upon Trump I suppose the Trump camp were ecstatic that it looked like they had this endorsement in the bag. He used the term particularly grateful in regard to Trump twice but did not even mention the other candidates.....but then,

“I’ve come to my decision about who I’m supporting, and I’m not against anybody.”

(My commentary: An oxymoron statement? If you've made a statement of support haven't you therefore  withheld the nod from the other two  succeeding?  Doesn't that mean therefore that you're against them, or you're opposed to them getting the win.  Finally he brings the absolute clarification,

But I will be voting for Ted Cruz in the upcoming Republican primary.”

(Commentary: In a interview with Fox news, Governor Mike Hukabee  made the following observation that it appeared that Pence if a betting man was putting down 5 for Cruz, 4 for Trump and 3 for Kasich. He further stated that the Cruz campaign must have been squirming in their seats to hear such a weak  endorsement. One wonders if Cruz probably felt a little more passion in giving me the nod would have been nice Governor! It's been said that Pence if up for re-election and didn't want  to offend anyone...which begs the question .....so why bother giving an endorsement to begin with? Wouldn't it had been perfectly acceptable to stay neutral?  That's gets the prize for the SBW of the day. [STRANGE, BIZARRE WEIRD]





   

No comments:

Post a Comment